Built in 1913, the Downtown YMCA is committed to building strong kids, strong families and strong communities. Our staff have a member’s first attitude and their first priority is to see that you feel at home.
The Downtown facility includes:
- Comfortable locker rooms including separate Adult and Family facilities
- Well trained and friendly staff to assist you in all areas
- A full Wellness Area with free weights, cardiovascular and strength equipment
- Two gymnasiums
- Boxing Studio
- A 25 meter swimming pool with lap and recreational swimming
- Group Exercise classes from traditional Aerobics to Kickboxing and Pilates
- Indoor Cycling classes
- Three indoor tracks
- Staffed Childwatch and Youth Center Facilities for kids while their parents workout
Facility Hours of Operation
Monday through Thursday – 5:00am to 9:00pm
Friday – 5:00am to 8:00pm
Saturday – 6:00am to 6:00pm
Sunday – 12:00pm to 6:00pm
Child Watch (Nursery) – Ages 6 weeks to 6 years
The Child Watch is a nursery service for YMCA members’ children while their parents are in the facility. There is no charge for this service for children 6-months & up, and Child Watch may be used for up to two hours per day.
Earl C Wilson Youth Development Center
Children will have the opportunity to participate in Shuffle Board, Air Hockey, Foosball, Nook Stations, Legos Stations, Craft Stations, a Reading Corner, and a Wii gaming station.
This area is free to youth members ages 5 to 14 for up to three hours per visit and is supervised during the following hours:
222 NW 6th Street
Evansville, IN 47708
Visit the Downtown location and be our guest.