Built in 1913, the Downtown YMCA is committed to building strong kids, strong families and strong communities. Our staff have a member’s first attitude and their first priority is to see that you feel at home.
The Downtown facility includes:
- Comfortable locker rooms including separate Adult and Family facilities
- Well trained and friendly staff to assist you in all areas
- A full Wellness Area with free weights, cardiovascular and strength equipment
- Two gymnasiums
- Boxing Studio
- A 25 meter swimming pool with lap and recreational swimming
- Group Exercise classes from traditional Aerobics to Kickboxing and Pilates
- Indoor Cycling classes
- Personal Fitness Center with cardiovascular and strength equipment
- Three indoor tracks
- Staffed Childwatch and Youth Center Facilities for kids while their parents workout
Facility Hours of Operation
Monday through Thursday – 5:00am to 9:00pm
Friday – 5:00am to 8:00pm
Saturday – 6:00am to 6:00pm
Sunday – 12:00pm to 6:00pm
Child Watch (Nursery) – Ages 6 months to 6 years
The Child Watch is a nursery service for YMCA members’ children while their parents are in the facility. There is no charge for this service for children 6-months & up, and Child Watch may be used for up to two hours per day.
Earl C Wilson Youth Development Center
Children will have the opportunity to play in either the Youth Activity Center or in the Youth Gaming Room
Youth Activity Center: Children can participate in Shuffle Board, Air Hockey, Foosball, Nook Stations, Legos Stations, Craft Stations, and Reading Corner.
Youth Gaming Room: Children can play on 4 gaming stations, 2 interactive snowboarding games,2 Youth Size Treadmills with Virtual Trails, DDR and 2 new gaming systems:
- EyePlay: a virtual indoor playground that allows multiple players to interact with colorful graphics and sounds projected onto the floor.
- 3Kick: is an interactive game made of resilient foam pads that can be punched or kicked. The score is based on speed and more points are allocated the faster you move.
This area is free to youth members ages 5 to 14 for up to three hours per visit and is supervised during the following hours:
222 NW 6th Street
Evansville, IN 47708
Visit the Downtown location and be our guest.