We asked for member feedback regarding the locker rooms at the Ascension St Vincent YMCA, and we heard you loud and clear. We’re starting renovations to improve them soon!
Here are the improvements you can expect:
- The locker rooms will have a more open floor plan, creating a more comfortable temperature.
- Exhaust vents will be added to reduce the humidity.
- Drains will be added in the shower areas and outside of the steam rooms to improve water drainage.
- Additional square footage will be added with 127 SqFt in the Men’s Locker Room and 226 SqFt in the Women’s Locker Room.
- A cosmetic counter with mirrors and outlets will be added in the Women’s Locker Room.
- Many of the 12″ lockers will be replaced with 18″ lockers, providing more space for members who workout before work.
- Sixty 12″ lockers will be added in the Gym hallway.
- There will 3 dry changing rooms added for those who do not want to go in the locker room – 2 in the gym hallway and 1 in the wet hallway off of the pool.
Renovations will begin October 12th where we’ll be adding the dry changing rooms. Demo of the main locker rooms will start Oct 19th SO THE LOCKER ROOMS WILL CLOSED OCT 19TH – DEC 31ST. They will reopen on Jan 1st.
During this time, members may change clothes in any of the restrooms as well as the new dry changing rooms. Showers will be available in the Family Changing Rooms between the locker room and pool. Click below to view the floorplan of available changing and shower spaces during renovations (Oct 19th – Dec 31st).
Please note that during the week of Oct 19th specifically, very few communal lockers will be available (by the family changing rooms) until lockers are moved to the gym hallway. For Oct 19th – 23rd, we recommend you take your bag/belongings with you throughout the building or use the storage cubes in the wellness area.
We will also be painting the bottom of the pool white so the POOL WILL CLOSE AFTER SWIM LESSONS ON NOV 28TH – DEC 31ST. The pool will reopen on January 1st.