1. Parent completes health pre-screening before leaving home.
2. Drop off and Pick up will be done outside of the school building
3. Staff check child temperature >> if above 100.4, child will not be allowed to stay and must remain fever-free for 24 hours before returning
4. Children’s hands are sanitized upon entering the childcare area
1. Children’s hands are sanitized
2. Tables are cleaned before AND after breakfast/snacks
3. Children will social distance as much as possible
4. Prohibit sharing food and utensils
1. Staff’s temperature checked upon arrival >> if above 99.8, staff will be not be permitted to work and must remain fever-free for 72 hours before returning
2. Staff wear a facemask
3. Wash/Sanitize hands throughout program time, before and after activities
4. All staff will be trained on how to recognize signs and symptoms of COVID-19
- Children are required to wear masks while at Before & After School Care. They may take them off while eating, exercising indoors, or playing outside.
- Each group of children will remain in the same groups each day (minimal mixing of groups)
- Each child’s belongings will be kept separated
- Each group of children will be given their own supplies for activities when possible. Supplies will not be shared between different groups.
- Maintain social distancing by using the school’s marking spaces on the floor and spacing children out at tables
- Enhanced cleaning protocols to include wiping down tables and high touch surfaces with virus-killing disinfectants
- Use refillable water bottles to avoid close contact with water fountains
- Keep children at a safe distance while waiting in line
POSITIVE CASE/CONTACT EXPOSURE PROTOCOL
If a child displays any of the symptoms listed on the pre-screening tool after arrival, you will be called for immediate pick up. In this case, a staff member will accompany your child to an isolated area, away from other program participants, until you arrive. Your child must be fever free for 24 hours without medication before returning to school or Before & After School Care.
If a staff member or program participant at your child’s site tests positive for COVID-19, we will take direction from our local health department. The current policy is listed below:
- Once we receive information that a person at a child care site has tested positive, we will immediately contact the health department for guidance. Contact tracing will begin to identify those that have been in direct contact with the person that has tested positive.
- If your child has been in contact with the person who tested positive, you will receive a personal phone call informing you of next steps. Per CDC guidelines, your child will be directed to quarantine for 14 days from the date of last exposure.
- If your child has tested positive for COVID-19, they must isolate at home for 10 days since the first symptoms began AND be fever free without the use of fever-reducing medications for 24 hours AND with improvement of symptoms.
- If your child has been in close contact with a person diagnosed with COVID-19, please notify the site director immediately. Close contact is considered:
- Living in the same household while person was symptomatic
- Caring for a person with COVID-19 while the person was symptomatic
- Being within 6 feet of a person with COVID-19 for about 10 minutes or longer while the person was symptomatic.
- Being in direct contact with respiratory secretions from a person with COVID-19 while the person was symptomatic.
In addition, if there is a person who is in the process of being tested but has not received results, we ask that they exercise caution in dropping off or picking up at the site.