We realize that so much in our world has changed since COVID-19. In the last few months, we’ve been consulting with state and local health officials to ensure that our participants and counselors will have a fun, safe experience this summer at YMCA Summer Y-Care.
Please read the following information about what you and your child can expect at 2020 YMCA Summer Y-Care.
- Children will still be placed in groups of 12 according to age with one YMCA counselor.
- Children will remain in their group and with their counselor and rotate to activities.
All activities will be fun, but modified to respect social distancing guidelines.
- Each Thursday parents will receive an email with details about the upcoming week of care and a featured activity.
- Children will have a blast this summer with this blocked schedule.
- While kids will remain with their group, activities will be more individually focused. These activities include arts and crafts, gym games, outside time, reading, brain games and STEM activities.
- Children will be outdoors or in open, well-ventilated areas.
- Our daily assemblies and lunchtimes will be modified to respect social distancing.
- Unfortunately, due to state and local directives, we will not offer field trips or transportation to and from pools.
- Keep in mind that while we strive to follow the above schedule as closely as possible, summer can often provide obstacles that require us to make adjustments to times, events, and activities. Weather is often a big factor in creating changes.
MEET THE STAFF
Here’s a reminder of the staff at your site so you can get to know them better.