In an effort to assure the safety and welfare of all participants at the YMCA and in recognition of our Christian mission, we are obligated to request all members and their guests follow our YMCA Code of Conduct. This is to ensure the highest respect and courtesy toward one another, as well as to guarantee the proper use, maintenance, and care of YMCA property and equipment. The use of the YMCA is a privilege which can be revoked at any time for violating the Code of Conduct.
- Inappropriate behavior of a physical or sexual nature including lewd behavior and/or unwanted advances within any area of the YMCA is strictly prohibited.
- Harassment including verbal, physical or sexual is unlawful and prohibited. It is a serious act of misconduct and is subject to disciplinary action including immediate and permanent suspension and termination of privileges. This unlawful discrimination includes harassment by/of members, staff, supervisors, volunteers and vendors of the YMCA.
- Smoking or drinking alcoholic beverages on the YMCA property or at any YMCA activity is strictly prohibited.
- Cell phones or any devices capable of taking photos are not permitted in locker rooms.
- Loitering is not permitted in or outside the YMCA.
- Appropriate attire must be worn at all times. Vulgar language or images on clothing is not appropriate.
- Use of illegal drugs or substances is not acceptable and is prohibited. Possession of unauthorized firearms or other weapons is prohibited.
- Removal or destruction of YMCA property or the property of someone else without their prior consent constitutes theft of property.
- Verbal abuse, swearing, profanity, fighting, and arguing are not acceptable and is considered inappropriate behavior at the YMCA.
- Lack of respect to staff or other members is not acceptable and will result in suspension and/or termination of membership privileges.
- Unauthorized entrance into the facility by way of illegal use of a pass, sneaking in, refusing to present photo ID upon entry, aiding and abetting, is prohibited.
REPORT ANY VIOLATION OF THIS CODE OF CONDUCT TO YOUR YMCA STAFF
Facility Usage Guidelines For Children
To ensure the safety of all members and guests, the YMCA has enacted the following Youth Access facility usage guidelines:
- During Open Swim, children age 9 or younger must be accompanied, in the water, by a person age 18 or older to access the pool area.
- Children age 9 and younger must be under the direct supervision of a person age 18 or older or checked-in and out of a YMCA program or activity by an adult.
- Children age 10 – 11 may use the facility, as well as the pool, unsupervised as long as their parent or caretaker over
the age of 18 is in the facility.
- All youth age 12-13 have the opportunity to utilize any area of the Y as long as they meet that area’s age guidelines,
without parent supervision, for up to 3 hours per day.
- Youth ages 14 and up have full usage of the facility.
Membership to the YMCA of Southwestern Indiana is continuous until the member comes into the Y to fill out a cancellation form. Cancellations turned in on or after the first of the month will result in the account being drafted for that month. The Y will refund the unused portion of an annual or semi-annual membership. Joining fees are not refundable. Refunds are not based on previous usage and non-usage of the YMCA facilities.
- Granted for all programs if request is submitted prior to the start of the program/class.
- Granted if the YMCA cancels a entire program/class session. This does not apply to individual snow/rain day cancellations.
- If request is submitted after the start of the program/class, participants may receive a PARTIAL CREDIT on their account or PARTIAL REFUND. The Program Director overseeing the program will determine the appropriate pro-rated refund amount considering the timing of the cancellation and any applicable registration, equipment or program supply fees incurred by the YMCA. No partial credits/refunds are given for individual snow/rain day cancellations.
To cancel and request a credit/refund, please fill out the Refund Request form. All credits/refunds must be requested and approved by the Program Director. All approved credits expire after 1 year.