In an effort to assure the safety and welfare of all participants at the YMCA and in recognition of our Christian mission, we are obligated to request all members and their guests follow our YMCA Code of Conduct. This is to ensure the highest respect and courtesy toward one another, as well as to guarantee the proper use, maintenance, and care of YMCA property and equipment. The use of the YMCA is a privilege which can be revoked at any time for violating the Code of Conduct.
- Inappropriate behavior of a physical or sexual nature including lewd behavior and/or unwanted advances within any area of the YMCA is strictly prohibited.
- Harassment including verbal, physical or sexual is unlawful and prohibited. It is a serious act of misconduct and is subject to disciplinary action including immediate and permanent suspension and termination of privileges. This unlawful discrimination includes harassment by/of members, staff, supervisors, volunteers and vendors of the YMCA.
- Smoking or drinking alcoholic beverages on the YMCA property or at any YMCA activity is strictly prohibited.
- Cell phones or any devices capable of taking photos are not permitted in locker rooms.
- Loitering is not permitted in or outside the YMCA.
- Appropriate attire must be worn at all times. Vulgar language or images on clothing is not appropriate.
- Use of illegal drugs or substances is not acceptable and is prohibited. Possession of unauthorized firearms or other weapons is prohibited.
- Removal or destruction of YMCA property or the property of someone else without their prior consent constitutes theft of property.
- Verbal abuse, swearing, profanity, fighting, and arguing are not acceptable and is considered inappropriate behavior at the YMCA.
- Lack of respect to staff or other members is not acceptable and will result in suspension and/or termination of membership privileges.
- Unauthorized entrance into the facility by way of illegal use of a pass, sneaking in, refusing to present photo ID upon entry, aiding and abetting, is prohibited.
REPORT ANY VIOLATION OF THIS CODE OF CONDUCT TO YOUR YMCA STAFF
Membership to the YMCA of Southwestern Indiana is continuous until the member comes into the Y to fill out a cancellation form. Cancellations turned in on or after the first of the month will result in the account being drafted for that month. The Y will refund the unused portion of an annual or semi-annual membership. Joining fees are not refundable. Refunds are not based on previous usage and non-usage of the YMCA facilities.
A full credit or refund for all programs will be given before the first class begins. After the first class, participants have the option of receiving a pro-rated refund or credit on their account for the following reasons:
- Participant is unable to attend class for a medical reason (doctor’s note required).
- If the YMCA cancels a program or class.
- CREDIT ONLY: Child demonstrates no interest in the program or is struggling with participating in class segments. Parent will receive a pro-rated credit on their account. To qualify for the “Credit Only” category, your request must be submitted prior to the start of the third meeting of the program. If qualified and approved by the Department Director, parent will receive a pro-rated credit on their account.
All credits will expire after 1 year. Requesting a credit or refund does not guarantee you will receive one, it must be approved by the program director. All credits and refunds must be requested at the front service desk by filling out a Refund Request form.