Welcome to the YMCA Sports Academy home page!
We are extremely honored that you have chosen the YMCA as your and your child’s recreational sports outlet. We pledge to give you our best and to serve your child in sport, character and ministry.
At the YMCA Sports Academy our goal is two-fold…
First to provide top-notch sports training programs that are designed to assist each participant with the growth and development of their individual skill levels while teaching teamwork and sportsmanship. Secondly, we strive to use the avenue of sports to teach and incorporate the character values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility, and faith.
This mission and message is accomplished by our sports staff in many forms through a variety of youth and adult sports programs and leagues. So be sure to check out each sport category to find a program that fits you or your child’s passion…and on behalf of the YMCA and its sports staff, thanks for letting us serve you and your child through sport and ministry.
YOUTH & ADULT SPORTS BULLETIN BOARD
Sports Program Make Ups:
Parents, players & participants,
Due to our most recent snow day cancellations here are out list of make ups:
Basketball Guard Skills Clinic (+ TH, 3/11 & 3/18)
Gymnastics (attend any other class during the week)
Soccer Foot Skills Clinic (+ F, 3/12 & 3/19)
Speed/Agility Clinic(+ F, 3/12 & 3/19)
W – +3/10 & 3/17
SA – +3/13 & 3/20
Fundamentals Basketball League (see Make Up schedule below for download)
Competitive Basketball League (see Make Up schedule below for download)
Cheerleading – Cheer will meet at their normal 9:00a time at the Dunigan YMCA (wear your cheer uniform) and will cheer during the volleyball game. Meet in your normal meeting room for 30 minutes of practice prior to taking the court to cheer. Cheer tops are in and will be passed out prior to class.
Due to the governor’s recent mandate we were required to make changes to our practice schedule, some game times and who can attend games. Your new COVID REVISED schedule for the remainder of the session is attached below. Please review the new practice rotation and game times (if applicable to your age group) as listed on the attached COVID REVISED schedule.
In addition we ask that the parent or guardian attending with the participant adhere to these key guidelines:
- Only TWO Parent/Guardian may attend practice or games along with minor children,
- Arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before your program,
- Parents/guardian wear a mask at all times (those not wearing a mask will be asked to leave the program area),
- Socially distance when in program areas,
- Perform a self health assessment before attending programs.
- Additional guidelines listed below.
Sports Covid Procedure for Youth Sports:
- YMCA YOUTH PROGRAM COVID PROTOCOLS (Current Governor’s Mandate – Code ORANGE)
- Self Assessment: If you or anyone in your household has been asked to quarantine or are feeling sick, we ask that you stay home and not attend programs until quarantine has lifted or you are symptom free for 24 hours.
- Entry/Exit We ask that you please arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before the start of a program and wait to enter the program area until directed by coaches. Once the program has ended, please exit in a timely manner through designated exit to allow the next group to enter.
Entrance and Exit Flow of the Program
- Enter through the Dunigan main entrance and proceed to the back hallway by the Multipurpose Room
- Enter the Dunigan Main Gym through the back hallway.
- Exit the Dunigan Main Gym through the doors close to Dunigan’s main entrance.
- Dunigan Family Gym main doors will serve as entry and exit
- Hand Sanitizer must be used by any participant, guest or staff upon entering program areas
- Temperature Check of Participants and Spectators
- Dunigan – There will be designated temperature scan locations before entering the program areas
- Masks will be required to be worn by everyone when entering the building.
- Players can remove them when they are actively playing in program
- Spectators/Family are required to wear masks at all times while in the building.
- Spectating we ask that only ONE PARENT/GUARDIAN spectate during any game or practice. Please use the designated seating with social distancing and masks.
- Siblings we ask that siblings not attend as spectators during a program.
– Member siblings may utilize the Youth Activity Center and/or Child Watch, during open hours for the given area.
– Non member siblings are asked not to attend.
Note: If the governor mandates the state to go to Code Red we will can cancel league play/programs at that time. If there are remaining program dates credit voucher communication will be forwarded and put on your account to be applied to the next session.
Statements Based on State Mandates
The State of Indiana has implemented a color-coded system to inform Hoosiers about the status of COVID-19 in each county and across Indiana. The Indiana State Department of Health will continue to update each county’s status under the color-coded system at least weekly. There are four color zones: Blue, Yellow, Orange, and Red. Blue being community spread is low with Red being community spread is high. As the community spread approaches higher levels within a county, the Governor requires the county to incorporate certain safety practices.
Currently Vanderburgh County is ORANGE and based on the Governor’s recent mandate for an orange zone, gatherings are limited to 50 people. Therefore, effective Sunday, November 15, 2020 – only 1 parent/guardian will be allowed at games and practice until further notice.
If our county moves to a different color zone, additional information will be communicated.
You can always access program updates here on our sports homepage, on our social media pages at….
on the Sports Weather Phone Line (812-491-7723)
or via our Text Alert System by texting “@ymca-sa” to 81010.
If practice or games are ever cancelled based on the weather, information will be made available and posted here on our bulletin board, on our phone weather hotline (812-491-7723) and on our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/theYMCASportsAcademy) 45 minutes prior to practice and/or game days.
Game schedules will be posted immediately when available. Be sure to check the YMCA Sports Academy home page for schedule availability and updates. Coordinators will call with team and first game information by 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday prior to the first game day of your league.
“If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.” – Romans 10:9
Sports Staff Access